Q: The light is on but when you turn on the key it says the side airbag is off but I have someone sitting on that side and the light

asked by on October 08, 2017

The light is on the dash when the car is on but when you just turn the key it says the side airbag is off and someone is sitting in it

Most vehicles have a sensor in the passenger seat bottom to signal the air bag computer that someone is sitting in the seat and will sense if the passenger is under or over a certain weight to disable or enable the airbags on that side. If the sensor is bad or you set something on seat like books the system will disable the airbags on the passenger side. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic check the seat switch for operation.