Q: The left back tire of my Rav 4 1999 is making a sound like two metals are going against each other

asked by on November 07, 2017

The back left of the car is making a noice like two metals rubbing against each other and it's a screetching noice

Wheel Bearings Replacement $94.60 - $567.42 Get a Quote

Hi Brandon. Thanks for submitting your question tonight. This type of symptom is commonly associated with a wheel bearing failure. It’s not uncommon for a vehicle of nearly 20 years old to have rear wheel bearings fail. If this is the issue, it’s recommended to replace both of them on the same axle, so replace the driver and passenger side at the same time.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr