Q: The car makes grinding sound on braking. What could be the cause, and what service should I go for?

The car makes grinding sound while braking, not while normal driving. Also, I can only hear the sound sometimes not always.

Hello there. If the grinding noise is happening while you are braking only, it’s typically an indicator of brake pads that have worn out and are not grinding into the brake rotors. In most cases, you’ll have to replace the brake pads and rotors if this has been going on for more than a week. I would recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a brakes are making a noise inspection; so they can tell you what repairs are required to resolve your issue.

• The car makes grinding sound on braking. What could be the cause, and what service should I go for?