Q: The car is not firing. There is oil on the plug number 4

I started my car last weekend and drove it. After, about 5 minutes, it started jerking very badly and it wasn't firing. There was no fault indication on the screen. I have run a diagnostic test and it didn't reveal anything. My mechanic checked the plugs and discovered that the plug number 4 is soaked in oil and that cylinder isn't firing.. The vehicle is still jerking and that plug is still oil soaked. Even when we replaced the plug, it still had the same problem. My car has 18000 miles on the odometer. My car has an automatic transmission.

Oil on the spark plugs is never a good sign. if the oil is on the outside of the spark plug, you probably have a leaking valve cover seal. If the oil is on the inside (business side) of the spark plug the most likely origin for the oil would be bad piston rings or bad valve stem seals. If your car really only has 18000 miles on it, it may be covered by the manufacturers warranty. You will have to go to the dealer’s service department for that. If you don’t want to go in cold, you might want to have a technician check out your car and give you an opinion as to what is wrong. Contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office and check out your spark plug problem and render an opinion on what it will take to solve it.