Q: The car can't fully develop speed

I've purchased this previously owned car and it generally runs great. However, it seems to have some problems with acceleration. I don't know if it's a more serious problem, like with the engine. So I would appreciate some advice. The car runs great up to the point when I apply the gas pedal quickly to speed it up. Then, it starts pulling back and it cannot fully develop speed. What could be the cause of this?

A: Hi there. Due to the design of this car, it...

Hi there. Due to the design of this car, it does tend to have a momentary lag in acceleration. If you think it is more than what it should be for this car, I would usually start by installing a computer scan tool to see what the sensors are reading. Any sensor that is a little off will cause this. If the sensors are fine, then it may be as simple as needing a tune up or it may have a clogged fuel filter. If you want to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the acceleration problem.