Q: The car can't fully develop speed

I've purchased this previously owned car and it generally runs great. However, it seems to have some problems with acceleration. I don't know if it's a more serious problem, like with the engine. So I would appreciate some advice. The car runs great up to the point when I apply the gas pedal quickly to speed it up. Then, it starts pulling back and it cannot fully develop speed. What could be the cause of this?

Hi there. Due to the design of this car, it does tend to have a momentary lag in acceleration. If you think it is more than what it should be for this car, I would usually start by installing a computer scan tool to see what the sensors are reading. Any sensor that is a little off will cause this. If the sensors are fine, then it may be as simple as needing a tune up or it may have a clogged fuel filter. If you want to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the acceleration problem.

3. The car can't fully develop speed