Q: temperature gage going from 4 to 5 natches ,but car running ok

just to make sure car is ok ,do not understand why temperature gage changes reading up and down

Hello. It is common for the temperature gauge to climb as the engine is warming up. It should sit at about the half way point and remain there as the engine runs. If it is fluctuating then you either have a failing thermostat or a failure in the sensor itself. A wiggle test of the sensor can be done to see if the gauge fluctuates. If you want to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the system and pinpoint the cause of the fluctuating temperature gauge.

3. temperature gage going from 4 to 5 natches ,but car running ok