Q: Take Off Squirrel Cage

I’ve been working on replacing my motor, and I’m about half way finished. So far I have disconnected the wiring for the blower motor that is located up against the firewall on the passenger side. I unbolted the front face from the fan housing 57mm bolts. But here’s where I get stumped. I removed the squirrel cage from the motor, and there is sort of a clip holding the cage onto the motor. So how do I get it off? I can’t figure that part out. Once I get it off I will replace the old motor with a new one, and put everything back together again. Do you have any ideas? Thanks.

Hello. Before attempting to remove the clip, I would contact your local dealer to find out if they keep that clip in stock, so you can replace it in the event that it breaks while you are trying to remove it. Some clips are meant to be broken and then replaced with a new one. Some clips require a great deal of force to be removed. It is also possible that this clip is one that is meant to be broken. It is very difficult for me to tell you with certainty without looking at the clip. This is why it is a good idea to contact the dealer before attempting to remove the cage on your GMC Safari.

3. Take Off Squirrel Cage