Q: Steering wheel controls problem - 2012 Fiat GP

I have a GP 2006 and since i got the car the steering wheel controls didnt work. The horn and other stuff did. I changed the part in the steering wheel which controlers the horn/controls/signals etc (sorry i dont know the name) and still everything works fine the controls have light but they dont work. And the radio is the original one the stock FIAT radio

Hello. If the steering wheel control buttons are not functioning it may be possible that there is an issue with the steering wheel or the associated wiring. If you have already changed the component that controls the functions, and the buttons still don’t function correctly then it may be possible that there is some sort of wiring or electrical issues. If the wiring from the steering wheel buttons to the components that they control is faulty, it may cause the buttons to not function correctly, or at all. I would also check the vehicle’s interior fuses. If any of the fuses related to the radio or steering wheel controls burn out then they can also cause the symptoms you are experiencing. If you unsure I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine the cause of the malfunctions.

3. Steering wheel controls problem - 2012 Fiat GP