Q: Steering rack problem. Not avaiiable in kenya.

I have a problem with my volvo ,940 steering rack. Not available in kenya. Toyota's are plenty in kenya. Is there a toyota car or any car such as Nissan and Mitsubishi whose steering rack can be modified to fit volvo 940

Hi there. Unfortunately, this is not a question we are qualified to answer. Our certified mechanics offer OEM or certified aftermarket part replacement tips and suggestions. Although there might be a few other vehicles that if properly fabricated might fit your vehicle, we simply can’t answer that for you. Thank you for writing in.

Hello, and thank you for writing in. There are no other manufactures that make parts compatible with your vehicle’s steering components. While anything can technically be fabricated, but we cannot advise you to structurally modify another part to make it work. That does not mean that it cant be done. You may want to consider finding another one of your vehicles that you can use for a parts car, and take the used rack and pinion off of that one. If not, and if you do not have access to the parts you need, you are in a position to import one, or think about changing the vehicle that you use for your daily driver.