Q: Starter Issue?

Just had battery replaced and now inspected using machine at Advance. Report shows no issue with battery or starter or ignition. However, when turn key to position 2, I get full power, then when turn to start, nothing. Lights, etc all on, full battery but nothing. Have to try several times, then starts and runs perfect. Seems to be getting worse. Have read online that it could be transm sensor not reading it is in park or neutral, or could be fuse or fuse box? Also read horror stories about people replacing starters and batteries, etc that was not the problem after all. Thoughts?

A: You should have the vehicle scanned to see ...

You should have the vehicle scanned to see if the computer says it is in park or neutral. If the transmission sensor does not indicate park then the computer will not allow it to crank. You should check to see if the theft light on the dash is on, indicating a problem with the theft system. You should also try using a second key remote to see whether or not your remote is responsible for the starting issue. If you’re unable to pinpoint the starting issue, feel free to contact a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic. They’ll be able to diagnose the issue and help you make the necessary repairs.