Q: Stability light on, jumps in second gear

gearwhenI start the truck stability track light comes on. Once I drive on the streetstreet it pulls hard on second gear. If I drive on freeway light goes off and it runs good

Hello. From the symptoms you describe, it would appear that your vehicle is experiencing some sort of issue with the ABS/Stability/Traction Control system.

The stability track system is controlled by various sensors and computers, and will activate the light if a problem is detected. I would recommend hooking up a computer to the vehicle when the light is on to see if a code can be pulled. That may shed some light on the issue. I would also examine the vehicle’s ABS wheel speed sensors to make sure they are in proper working condition. If you want to have this checked by a professional, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your stability and gear jumping issues.