Q: Stability light on, jumps in second gear

gearwhenI start the truck stability track light comes on. Once I drive on the streetstreet it pulls hard on second gear. If I drive on freeway light goes off and it runs good

A: Hello. From the symptoms you describe, it w...

Hello. From the symptoms you describe, it would appear that your vehicle is experiencing some sort of issue with the ABS/Stability/Traction Control system.

The stability track system is controlled by various sensors and computers, and will activate the light if a problem is detected. I would recommend hooking up a computer to the vehicle when the light is on to see if a code can be pulled. That may shed some light on the issue. I would also examine the vehicle’s ABS wheel speed sensors to make sure they are in proper working condition. If you want to have this checked by a professional, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your stability and gear jumping issues.