Q: Sport car's soft top at roof line is tearing

Where the soft top of my car meets the roof line and along that edge, there is a crease where the material folds over the edge. That part is tearing and I can't see any pressure points that might be causing this to happen. I am going to have the dealership take a look at where this is torn. I am very careful with this car. I keep it in the garage and I pamper it regularly. It is in excellent condition and the mileage is 61,000. This tearing problem is a great concern to me. Do you have any suggestions or insights, before I go to the dealer later this week?

Unfortunately, soft tops on convertibles are prone to needing replacement every few years. The point where it is tearing is likely a stress point or where the latches are located. It is not unusual to have to replace soft tops every few years depending on the environment. Here’s an article about how to care for your convertible’s soft top.

3. Sport car's soft top at roof line is tearing