Q: sounds like it dont shift out of 3rd gear i hear a humming sound

as i drive i hear feel it shift to 2nd and 3rd but not into 4th theres a humming sound and it feels like it holding back in power i have no check eng. lite on but i used an obd II and scan yool and it gave me a code P0001 WHICH I LOOKED UP AND IT TELL ME ABOUT FUEL NOTHING ABOUT SHIFTING

A: Hello. P0001 is a code for a problem with t...

Hello. P0001 is a code for a problem with the fuel volume regulator circuit.

The fuel volume regulator is the component responsible for regulating the amount of fuel that is consumed by the engine. If the regulator has a problem, this can cause the engine to have problems with too little or too much fuel, which may reduce it's power output and performance.

I would recommend having the fuel regulator and wiring checked to make sure that they are in good condition and functioning properly. I would also check the transmission fluid level, just to be sure that it is not low, as that can also produce the symptoms you are experiencing. If you want to have a certified technician inspect your shifting issue, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to conduct diagnostics on your vehicle.