Q: My 1997 Dodge Dakota is leaking oil from the oil filter housing

asked by on June 20, 2017

So there the oil filter | then there the mettle plate (oil filter houses) well I have a dodge dokota sport 1997 v6 4wd its leaking oil auto g there two ? What that part called and does it take an O-ring?

Hello. I would have to see the vehicle to know for sure but it sounds like you have a leak from the oil filter housing. Most of the time it leaks here when the o-rings wear out though it is also possible that the housing has warped from heat. I would usually replace the seal first and if that does not solve it I replace the housing. If you need assistance with this leak, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [fix your oil leak] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/oil-fluid-leak-inspection