Q: slow cranking

Car cranks for 5 seconds before starting in cold weather [3 Celsius after sitting outside overnight] but starts immediatly after turning it off and on again . My battery is 4 years old and i wonder if it needs replacing or if something else is broke.

Since diesel engines operate with much higher compression ratios than gasoline engines, battery health is very important, especially in cold weather. Have the battery checked and replaced if it tests low. Also important for starting a diesel engine in cold weather are glow plugs. Glow plugs basically preheat the diesel to make cold starting easier. Have the glow plugs checked and/or replaced if need be.

3. slow cranking