Q: Slight misfire while cruising

While cruising when the engine is hot, I am getting a very slight misfire. This occurs more frequently the hotter the day is. The sound is almost a "poof" and you can feel a very light push back on the gas pedal. No check engine light has come on. I have changed the spark plugs and that didn't seem to help. What would be the next place I should start.

A: Even though the Check Engine Light has not ...

Even though the Check Engine Light has not come on, a scanner can be used to diagnose the problem on a road test. The scanner can show if the engine is running too lean and causing the misfire or poof as you call it. The injection system may need to be cleaned. If the ignition system is in need of service then the system should be repaired as needed. I recommend having a mechanic come and diagnose the misfiring problem for you. Once the problem has been pinpointed they will be able to make the necessary repairs to get your car running efficiently again.