Q: Size for v belt

Me and my boyfriend just realized why our battery was dieing there is no belt I was going to buy one but do not know the right size or length

A: First of all it is not a V-belt, it would b...

First of all it is not a V-belt, it would be a multi rib serpentine belt. The belt size can be found by any auto parts store or dealer. The question is why did the belt come off? The belt tensioner may need to be replaced. This is common for the tensioner to go bad and cause the belt to fly off. I recommend having the pulleys and tensioner checked for problems before you get a belt only to find the tensioner caused the belt to come off. If you move the tensioner and it has spring tension then check the pulley to see if it turns good. Check all the pulleys to see if they turn free and then put the belt on. If the belt flies off right away, or you're unable to properly complete these checks, then you have a problem and need to have it diagnosed by a professional, such as one available from YourMechanic.