Q: Q: shutter

when im at a stop sign or red light my car shutters like its going to die but then it stops it does it more when the ac is on.

Hi there. When the engine is put under a load by the AC system, the car’s computer automatically attempts to compensate for that by adjusting the idle. If there is carbon buildup within any part of the system, including the idle air control valve, throttle body, or possibly even the EGR valve. The car’s computer essentially miscalculates the amount of power necessary, and ends up overshooting, leading to a surging engine. The best way to determine the source of this issue is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete an inspection.