Q: Should I disconnect my battery or something when changing my dome lights to lED?

asked by on October 06, 2017

I tried changing my dome lights to LED lights before and apparently I blew a fuse because I started to have electrical problems my lights wouldn't turn on as well as clock, got everything fixed so want try to put them again but the right way , what should I do so I don't have the same problem

Dome Light Bulb Replacement $86.77 - $281.13 Get a Quote

If you disconnect the battery, you might lose saved data in the car’s computer, radio anti-theft codes and so forth. What you can do is simply identify the fuse that supplies the circuit you are working on and just pull that fuse. Then turn the circuit on and double check with a voltmeter to make sure there is no power on the circuit. If you need assistance, just refer to YourMechanic’s service request page for bulb replacement/diagnostics and the the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr