Q: Shifting issues during usual acceleration

I have problems with the transmission, for which I went to the dealership but they claimed everything was fine as there were no error codes appearing during diagnostics. However, while shifting, the transmission seems to be mixing gears and it gets difficult to shift to the chosen gear as if it confuses gears. This occurs during usual acceleration. What might cause this?

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2009 Mercedes-Benz E550. Be sure to verify that your car is not in "Limp Mode," as this will likely create the same reaction for your car. Mercedes uses this as a safety feature in order to protect internal components when something else is wrong, preventing further damage until the car can be scanned for trouble codes indicating other potential problems. If you need help having this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the shifting issue to have this repaired.

3. Shifting issues during usual acceleration