Q: Shifter on Honda accord will move without foot on brake or pressing shifter button

Shifter will move without foot on brake and will move without pressing in shifter button. Never was like that befor

Hi Stephen. Thanks for contacting us tonight. The shifter has a series of safety systems, including the brake switch that prevents the shifter from moving on an automatic transmission. It’s quite possible that the brake switch or the neutral safety switch is damaged and causing this problem. It’s also possible that the shifter itself is damaged internally and would require replacement. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection to determine why you’re having this problem.

3. Shifter on Honda accord will move without foot on brake or pressing shifter button