Q: Service Brake System Light beeps on for a minute then turns off

asked by on November 01, 2016

The "service brake light" comes on and beeps, sometimes when starting car or when car is moving, then turns off. This started after we had a tire replaced, the mechanic had set the parking brake on when I picked up truck. (We live in Fl an have never used the parking brake). We have tried a few times to set and release parking brake, but still The sensor beeped a few times in the first month, but now after 3 months it happens several times a week. We have no braking issues, no grinding or any noise, no strange smell...

Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement $108.10 - $630.75 Get a Quote
ABS Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

There is a problem with your brakes or the ABS that is turning this light on. A code reader should tell you what specifically is the problem. Most likely, a wheel speed sensor is dirty or has failed. This is a common problem.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would recommend having a ABS Light inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr