Q: Service Brake System Light beeps on for a minute then turns off

The "service brake light" comes on and beeps, sometimes when starting car or when car is moving, then turns off. This started after we had a tire replaced, the mechanic had set the parking brake on when I picked up truck. (We live in Fl an have never used the parking brake). We have tried a few times to set and release parking brake, but still The sensor beeped a few times in the first month, but now after 3 months it happens several times a week. We have no braking issues, no grinding or any noise, no strange smell...

A: There is a problem with your brakes or the ...

There is a problem with your brakes or the ABS that is turning this light on. A code reader should tell you what specifically is the problem. Most likely, a wheel speed sensor is dirty or has failed. This is a common problem.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would recommend having a ABS Light inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.