Q: Serpentine belt remove/replace

Trying to remove/replace serpentine belt, am able to release tensioner and remove belt from alternator and a/c pulley's but the crank pulley is being difficult b/c there is very little space between the pulley and a radiator hose. Does the car have to be lifted to replace this belt and/or is there another belt technique other than the normal for figure 8 method i should use/

Hi there:

The 2009 Volkswagen CC is very tricky to remove the serpentine belt due to the little clearance it has in front due to the engine placement and proximity to the radiator. The best way to remove this is to do so from below, so raising it is a good idea. However, you also might find it useful to review this general article about removing the serpentine belt, but also purchase a service repair manual for your Volkswagen to get tips from the engineers who created the vehicle.

3. Serpentine belt remove/replace