Q: Serpentine Belt

Should I replace my serpentine belt at 83,000 miles or should I hold on to the recommended 100,000 mile interval to replace the serpentine belt, tensioner and water pump. Is it possible to just replace the belt now for preventative measures and do everything else at 100,000 miles.

It is recommended to replace the timing belt at 100k miles and the water pump and tensioner should be replaced at that time also. Do not confuse the timing belt from the accessory drive serpentine belt. The timing belt is not exposed and is a different design that the serpentine belt is. You should plan on replacing the timing belt with the water pump and tensioner at or before the 100k mile mark. The serpentine belt should be replaced every three years or 30k miles.

3. Serpentine Belt