Q: Scretching noise

When I start my 2007 Toyota Solora first thing in the morning, I have a loud screetching noise for about 15 seconds. When I put the car in reverse to back out of the garage, the sound goes away. Any answers for me?

Hi there. It sounds like you may have a belt noise. The belt could be loose, glazed, worn, stretched, or the tensioner is weak. Continued use may result in the belt breaking or slipping off of the pulleys and rendering the vehicle unusable. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a screeching noise inspection.