Q: Running problem

Vehicle shut off while driving friend had code reader found maf code vehicle was a no start with a discount parts store maf sensor if you crack the throttle it will start run like it on one or two cylinders all header pipes hot no codes has good fuel pressure injector pulse and spark no exhaust restriction. If I plug and unplug distributor harness connection the fuel pump and a/c will also cycle?? Any help??

Discount parts are always suspect and I would never advise anyone to use them for this reason. I recommend purchasing a reputable part.

An often missed problem with diagnosing the MAF sensor are vacuum leaks. MAF stands for (mass air flow) sensor. It measures the amount of air entering the motor. If air is entering the motor from other areas, this will often set a MAF code. Also, in the future, please supply us with the code that is set. We can use it to better narrow down what is going with your car.

In addition to vacuum leaks, check to see if the hose from the MAF to the throttle body has a crack in it. This will effectively bypass the MAF and the car won’t run and it will often run if you give it throttle as you describe. Aside from this, inspect the wiring harness to the MAF. Check the connector to the MAF and the pins at the MAF. The pins can get bent over or pushed in when you are connecting the connector.

As for plugging and unplugging the distributor harness and the fuel pump and A/C cycling, I wouldn’t place any importance on this in the context of your car dying.

Aside from the above advice, the use of a scanner to review data is necessary for a more comprehensive diagnosis. Your typical code reader is not a scanner. If you don’t have access to a scanner, have a certified mechanic thoroughly diagnose your Check Engine Light codes to help you figure out how to best proceed and repair your car’s stalling problem.

3. Running problem