Q: Rhythmic clicking in dash after blown HVAC fuse replaced

I heard a clicking that was 'click' two second pause, then two 'clicks' and would repeat, then stop for a bit and come back. This sounded as if it ws coming from just behind the HVAC unit display (or off to the passenger side just a bit) I turned my car off for the night. Next morning, no clicks, but none of the lights for the HVAC control worked. Changed the fuse, the lights and HVAC worked, but the clicking was back as well. Assume it will blow the fuse again. I assume there is probably a short somewhere, just wondering if this is common and if its something I can diagnose/fix myself?

Thanks

A: Hello. Most of the time this clicking noise...

Hello. Most of the time this clicking noise is coming from one of the air door actuators in the dash. When the actuator fails, it cannot find the right position and will continually move causing this noise until it finds the correct position. I usually need to take the dash partially apart to find the location of the noise. If you need to have this clicking noise in the dash checked, consider having a technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose the noise and make the necessary repairs.