Q: Replacing the cam cover gasket on a 2001 Mitsubishi Shogun that is losing oil

2001 Mitsubishi Shogun 3.5 petrol. It's losing oil. The garage says 430 pounds to replace the cam cover gasket. Is that expensive?

A: You are obviously in England since you are ...

You are obviously in England since you are talking about pounds. I know stuff costs more in England. But if they have to take the cam apart to do the cam seal, it's an expensive job. They have to get the front of the cam off, take the engine apart, take it all apart, put new seals, put it back together and time it right. Only a pro should do that job. You don't want to do that job yourself.

You might try other people in your area and see if they charge less. But it's probably going to be pricy in England, from what I know. The friends I've got in England tell me how much they pay to get their cars fixed, and it can get pretty expensive for a job like this. I recommend having a certified technician inspect your oil leak to see what repairs are most appropriate (and affordable) for your situation.