Q: Replacing engine variable timing solenoid.

Using after market part, which has spring clips around the screen, no clips on original. Do I remove the clips.

A: The aftermarket part may just have a differ...

The aftermarket part may just have a different design than the original. If you have concerns, you would be better off spending the extra money on the part was designed to work with the vehicle originally. You shouldn't have to remove anything from the parts as long as they do not interfere with installation. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at the problem causing the need for the timing solenoid and offer a more personal diagnosis.