Q: Replaced parts cited as problem

I had the transmission, thermostat, and hose repalced in my car. the gauge indicated that the car was hot, but there was no steam. We had it looked at, and they told me that it was the item we just replaced.

A: Hi there. Many components make up your cool...

Hi there. Many components make up your cooling system. If any of these components are not functioning properly, it will cause your vehicle to overheat. If your vehicle is not leaking any coolant, chances are that your radiator fan(s) are not turning on when a certain operating temperature is reached. Also, if your vehicle has a blown head gasket it will cause the vehicle to not receive sufficient cooling operations. The water pump may be leaking or not functioning properly also leading to poor or no circulation of coolant through your engine. Also, your thermostat which allows coolant to pass through your engine may be stuck in a closed position. This blockage of coolant flow will not allow coolant to cycle through your engine causing it to overheat. I would suggest having a certified mechanic look into your issue in person to precisely diagnose the overheating issue and perform the proper repairs for the vehicle.