Q: Replace brake pads and rotors - 2012 Chrysler 200

June 2015 I had put lifetime front brake pads and new rotors on my car, I barely put 6k miles on my car since then. Isn't it premature to have new pads/rotors replaced?

A: Hello. It is unusual but not unheard or to ...

Hello. It is unusual but not unheard or to see brake pads wear so quickly. A number of things could cause that. A lot of stop-and-go traffic, driving hard on the brakes in stop-and-go traffic, a hydraulic issue like calipers not releasing fully/properly, a faulty master cylinder, or an ABS pump keeping constant pressure to the brakes. There’s an outside chance of poor quality brake pads, a faulty or out-of-adjustment brake light switch that doesn’t allow the brake pedal to release fully can also leave constant pressure on the brakes, or any combination of those things. If you would like to have this checked, a professional from YourMechanic can come and inspect your brake system to examine if there are any underlying problems.