Q: Reconnect cable airflow heating

The cable that controls the airflow direction of the heat, defogging, and air conditioning has come disconnected under the dashboard. On the dashboard it is the lever above the temperature lever. And when it was connected the air never came out of the dashboard vents. It only came out of the floor and defogging vents. How do I reconnect the cable again so everything works correctly?

Thank you for asking about your 1990 Geo Storm. Hire an experienced technician to remove the heater control assembly to inspect the linkage behind the device for any breaks that may have led to your symptoms. A technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your failing AC and make the necessary repairs.