Q: Rebuilt engine, oil light on, stalling, traction control

Just had my engine replaced not even two weeks ago, now there is a small valve tap which does not affect the engines performance, goes away after being started for a while. Just two days ago was driving and the truck stalled after the traction control light came on. Let it sit for a day. Started right back up drove 10 miles then the oil light came on, traction control light and it hestates when you start it and will not drive. Let it sit fora few minutes and it started but stalled about 10 seconds later with the same lights (traction control light and oil light) There is oilin the engine. Had hooked up to a code reader. Wheel speed sensor is the only code showing. Clueless as to what it could be. Please help.

Hi there. One of the biggest issues that car owners experience after having an engine replaced are symptoms like you describe. In most cases, the issue is that the ECU was not correctly reprogrammed by a dealership and thus, is not effectively communicating with sensors and monitoring systems. In other instances, small sensor wires, electrical connection harnesses and other components might be damaged and have not been replaced during the engine swap. Either way, it’s very difficult to pinpoint these issues without being there to inspect the vehicle personally. As such, I would recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a warning light inspection, so they can inspect your vehicle onsite and determine the best course of action.

3. Rebuilt engine, oil light on, stalling, traction control