Q: problems with removing key from new installed ignition

i put in a new ignition switch because the old one would turn without a key. after replacing it with a new ignition it ill turn over but the key can not be removed from the ignition. warning switch in column has a contact that is broken

When the new ignition tumbler was installed, was there a new key along with it? Or was it made to use the same key as before? If reusing the same old key, which is unlikely for this year car, then you should have a new key cut. If using a new key, which is more likely, I am guessing that the part is not OEM, but rather is an aftermarket part. Aftermarket ignition tumblers tend to be of low quality, and the keys can be quite difficult to turn completely back to the off position, which allows you to remove the key. You could try cleaning any burrs off the edge of the new key, and possible have a locksmith cut a new key for the tumbler. If all this fails, then you may have to replace the ignition tumbler with an OEM part and new key in order to completely fix the problem. This diagnosis should be verified by a professional technician who can come to you, such as one from YourMechanic.