Q: My battery is not fully charged and gradually decreasing with decrease in temperature in my 2012 Prius

Dear Sir, first of all thanks for this forum where we can get advice from experts like you. I bought my PHV last year in April. The battery worked well but I noticed decrease in charge limit with the change in weather. For example in July August September I got expected 26 kms after charge where as the same decreased in October November and December to 17 kms. Please advise what to do or its a normal issue. Regards

Hello. Most of the time this is caused by a programming issue. I have seen these cars need to be re-programmed for issues with the batteries not fully charging in cold weather. If the vehicles computer have not been updated in a while I would have this done at the dealer. In other cases it may be the battery itself. Though this is still a fairly new vehicle I have seen the batteries fail prematurely. This system is best left to the dealer to repair.

3. My battery is not fully charged and gradually decreasing with decrease in temperature in my 2012 Prius