Q: Passenger headlight wiring issues

My headlight on the passenger side of my 2005 Nissan altima kept going out, like i had a connectivity issue, and finally has gone completely out, even though i replaced the bulb only a few months ago. I took a look inside the headlight and saw that the wire connected to the fuse of the headlight is no longer attached to the fuse and the connecter. How do rewire that to the connector, or how much will it cost to replace that wiring?

If the area is fairly open, parts do not have to be removed to gain access to the terminals where the connector has to be repaired and if the broken wire is the only issue (defect) in that headlight circuit, the cost will be manageable. It would have to be looked at and estimated though so that there are no surprises (in particular, a technician would check for power in undamaged potion of circuit).

Sometimes there are pre-made wiring "pigtails" that are made just for these sorts of repairs because they are so common. That part, if available, might make sense as it provides a most durable and effective solution. You should ask about that possibility.

The bottom line is your car would have to be viewed in person to give you the best, most authoritative answer. Feel free to inquire further at YourMechanic and a mobile technician will be able to diagnose your headlight issue and fix your issue accordingly. Thanks for your question, headlights are important for safety!