Q: Passenger floor flooded with water from leak

The passenger floor has a puddle of water. Do I need a new heater core?

There are a few different probable reasons why your Oldsmobile has a puddle of water on the passenger-side floor. Unless your cooling system is filled with only water, it is unlikely the heater core is the problem as there is typically coolant flowing through the heater core. Coolant has a very distinct smell, and for your vehicle, the liquid leaking from the heater core would have a greenish tint to it. Since you specifically mentioned it was a puddle of water, my next inkling is that it is likely the Oldsmobile developed a leak that is allowing rain to enter the vehicle. With a concern like this, it is best to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic who can investigate your Oldsmobile in person and properly diagnose why there is water on the passenger-side floor of your Oldsmobile and offer you a solution to the problem.