Q: pads are 2mm on 2014 yukon xl denali with 52000 miles...all works good...incidental finding...do I replace now? Pads and rotors? o

2mm brake pads all around...no problem...replace now ?plus rotors or machine the rotors? Dealer or brake place.....dealer wants $900

At 2mm, the pads are definitely due for replacement. The the thickness of the brake rotors should be measured and compared to the minimum thickness specifications. If they measure above the specs and there is enough thickness to them, resurfacing the rotors is a good idea. Simply replacing pads without resurfaced or replaced rotors usually leads to noisy brakes. You’re more likely to get brake squeal. If the rotors are near or below the minimum thickness specs, then they should be replaced. Rotors that are too thin will warp and cause a brake pulsation, as well as reduce braking efficiency and power. The brakes basically turn your speed into heat. The rotors need to be thick enough to absorb and dissipate the heat. If they are not, then they warp and you get pulsating brakes. Having them replaced at the dealership is usually the most expensive route. When it comes to chain-type facilities, you want to make sure they are using quality replacement parts. Get an estimate from both. If you’re not comfortable with either, have one of our mobile technicians come to you and inspect the brake system. Our tech will provide you with the inspection results as well as an estimate for the necessary replacement parts.

3. pads are 2mm on 2014 yukon xl denali with 52000 miles...all works good...incidental finding...do I replace now? Pads and rotors? o