Q: oxygen sensor and smog checks

if the transmission light is on in your vehicle, is it automatic that it will not pass a smog? i need an oxygen sensor on my Audi A8 Quattro which is an 04. How much does this typically cost to repair?
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there. Unfortunately, we don’t have enough information from you to accurately answer this question. When you asked about a transmission warning light automatically causing a failed smog test, it depends on your state. If you live in a state that requires a safety inspection along with emissions testing to permit registration, then yes; a warning light tends to disqualify the safety inspection until it is resolved. In regards to your O2 sensor issue and possible costs, the sensors themselves typically cost $120 at most auto parts stores. If a mechanic or shop does the replacement, the labor is roughly 2 hours or less.

3. oxygen sensor and smog checks