Q: Over heating/heat no lt working

My car keeps over heating after putting in coolant.I reacently replaced the holes because of a leak. There isn't a leak anymore so I have no idea why the car keeps over heating also I noticed than when the car is running hot the heat stops working.What do you believe the issue may be?

Hello, overheating can be created by several things. When coolant system is low and you fill it, you can also introduce air into the system. The air must be bled out; it will not allow the coolant to circulate. The radiator removes heat from the coolant, it is located at the front of the car. It needs air flow going across it always when engine is on. Air flow is either pull by a coolant fan or pushed when driving down the road. The radiator needs to be clean and free of restrictions for the air to pass through. The engine thermostat regulates coolant temperature and it can fail causing overheating. I recommend an overheating inspection be done on your vehicle. If you’d like, a certified Your Mechanic technician can come to your location.