Q: Opinion on GM Northstar V8 engines

What's your opinion on a GM Northstar V8 engines?

I don’t think much of them. Those things blew head gaskets and it sometimes costs 5-8,000 dollars to repair them. It’s a racing engine. It’s fine for race cars but for cars that people drive every day, it’s overkill and they break all the time and they cost a fortune to fix.

I would not advise anybody on buying them unless you are leasing one. You lease it and you don’t own the car. Because if it breaks, they have to fix it free, and when it starts to get old, you get rid of it anyways because it’s a leased car.

3. Opinion on GM Northstar V8 engines