Q: On the 760li what is the socket size and or type to use on the tensioner

My belt broke on my car and I have purchased a new Serpentine belt and when removing the old one I noticed the ac belt is not far from breaking as well so I am on my way to buy one and I cannot see the what kind of socket size or type I will need on the tensioner so my question is what kind or size will I need and is there any other advice before I start.

Hi there. If you haven’t completed this job before, I strongly recommend purchasing a service and repair manual for your 2005 BMW 760Li; as it will give you detailed instructions and steps, including the right sized tools to use and the exact steps for removal. This can get rather tricky; especially on the installation portion if you don’t follow the recommended steps in order.

3. On the 760li what is the socket size and or type to use on the tensioner