Ok i have a 2009 honda crv i put a new starter anew alter...

Q: Ok i have a 2009 honda crv i put a new starter anew alternator and new battery on it but the red battery light keeps coming on wha

asked by on October 17, 2017

I got a new starter a new alternator and a new battery but the red battery light keeps coming on what do i do pleaae help

It sounds like you have covered the basics. The battery light will come on if the alternator is not producing more voltage than the battery. The alternator is controlled by the engine ECU on most late cars, so it can get complicated. At this point you need to have it carefully checked out so you don’t spend any more money on parts that you may not need. The good news is that you can have that done at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your Honda’s charging system and tell you what it needs.