Q: Oil pressure sensor works erratic

we just had our engine rebuild and our oil pressure sensor is going wacko why ??????

A: You will need to check to see if the oil pr...

You will need to check to see if the oil pressure sensor got damaged when all the work was performed. If it is damaged in any way then replace oil pressure sensor. If the pressure sensor is not damaged then you will need to have the oil pressure tested manually to see if the oil pressure is giving an erratic reading causing the pressure output reading to cause the sending unit to no work correct. If the pressure is erratic then you most likely have a defective oil pump pressure control valve and the oil pump should be replaced. If the pressure is steady with manual gauge then replace oil pressure sensor.