Q: o2 sens

Okay, and my next question how do i know which sensor to get? is all the upstream sensors the same size or the same part and are all the downstream sensor the same size or part? are they pricey? I just want to make sure i have the right pieces...

Hi Destiny. There really isn’t an easy way to answer this question or to resolve the problem you’re experiencing, except to have the vehicle inspected first. When an O2 sensor is damaged or causing a problem, it will trigger an error code that is stored in the ECU of your car. This is why it’s so important to have the inspection done first, so that the right repairs can be completed. Upstream sensors are different than downstream sensors. On the average, the parts are about $40 per sensor. The only way to know which one (or if multiple sensors needs to be replaced - because that is quite possible) is to have a mechanic download the codes and inspect the vehicle personally.