Q: Noises from the ac 2004 Saturn Vue

Will it hurt my car to drive it with a bad ac compressor while it is making noise from it will it causes it to lock up and break the belt

Hi there - if the compressor is making rattling or clanking noises this indicates an upcoming failure of the compressor. Yes, it will eventually seize or otherwise fail, possibly breaking the belt when it does. When the compressor fails, bits of metal are blown throughout the AC system pipes and other components. These must be flushed out when the compressor is replaced, and the system re-charged. Replacing the compressor before total failure is a good idea for this reason. I would recommend an inspection of the AC system by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Noises from the ac 2004 Saturn Vue