Q: No one can replace AC compressor belt after it snapped

I do a lot of my own mechanical work, so I’m baffled that I can’t seem to accomplish this task. A few days ago, the AC compressor belt snapped. I tried replacing it myself since I can usually do this sort of thing, but after two hours under the hood, I had to quit trying. I took it to a local auto repair shop and they couldn’t fix it either. I do not want to have to take it to the dealership. Could you please tell me any advice or suggestions as to what we might be missing in replacing this AC compressor belt?

A: Hello. In order to install a new belt, you ...

Hello. In order to install a new belt, you will need to use a torx bit on the tensioner to move it. These tensioners are not easy to move and the torx is easy to strip out. I usually use the torx with a swivel head ratchet to access the tensioner. Once moved, it can be locked in place with a cotter pin while replacing the belt. If you would like to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to replace your belt using the appropriate tools.