Q: Q: No gas is getting to my engine

No gas is getting to the engine of my car. I suspect it is the either the fuel pump relay the gas pump switch (which I do not know where it is located) or the pump its self the car will crank but not start up and everything electrical is working. The car has had no previous problems and was running great up until a week ago when no gas was getting to the engine.

Hello, thank you for writing in. To start, you want to see if there is power getting to the fuel pump. This is best done with a test light or a voltmeter. If you do not get a full 12 volts to the fuel pump when the vehicle is started, you know the circuit is being interrupted and want to check the relay and connections. If the pump is getting a full 12 volts, the pump has likely failed. Remember that replacing the pump generally requires that you change the fuel filter as well. For more help with this process or diagnostics, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Q: No gas is getting to my engine