Q: Need torque converter specs because I just replaced the transmission.

I have a 2005 3.5 liter Chevy Malibu that had a bad transmission and I just replaced it and I need the torque converter specs to finish the job. What are those torque converter specs for a 2005 Chevy Malibu 3.5 engine?

I’m not sure what you mean by torque converter specs. Torque converter end-play can be checked with a special tool and a dial indicator. This is done to determine the lateral movement of the turbine and stator. The repair information I have does not list this specification. If you have any doubts about the converter, I recommend replacing it. More often than not, the converter suffers contamination as a result of internal transmission failures and should be replaced anyhow.

• Need torque converter specs because I just replaced the transmission.