Q: need new AC compressor

need new AC compressor

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: If you are sure that you need an AC compres...

If you are sure that you need an AC compressor replacement, YourMechanic can service your vehicle at your home or office.

Q: Knocking noise

The most common cause for a noise to go away when the air conditioner is turned on is a faulty compressor clutch. There could also be a problem with a belt tensioner, or one of the other belt driven components....

Q: What's going on with my car?

Hi. The codes that you have stored in your vehicle's computer are for the pressure control solenoids inside the transmission. The solenoid is stuck off and is not performing like it should be. Sometimes these solenoids can be replaced without...

Q: AC only blowing out hot air

Generally a bad tensioner will make noise at all times when the engine is running. If the noise only happens when the AC is turned on then the compressor is at fault. The use of an engine stethoscope can help...